Sunday, June 1, 2008

Been a little busy with Osso Buco

Okay so I've been a little busy this weekend. Had a bunch of things going on. One of those things was to go to the pet store to buy some freaking dog diapers for my 16 year old Black Lab (yes I did say 16) who craps himself just about every time he falls asleep. Let me tell you that a 16 year old Black Lab sleeps a lot therefore...oh well you get the picture. Anyway we also have an 18 month old Golden Retreiver. This could turn into a long post...

We are in the pet store and of course the girls are over at the "adopt a dog station" where they have all of the sad looking dogs that need good homes for one reason or another. I saw this really cute puppy. Now I would never get another dog...we already have 2 huge ones and in case people didn't know this I live in South Florida. We get hurricanes. We evacuate. After Hurricane Charley I will never stay anywhere near where they think landfall is going to be. We take our dogs with us. We also take our dogs with us when we go on vacation. Another dog is just not what we need. I have 2 kids, 2 dogs and a very sweet hubby.

A very tired puppy on his first day home!

So back to the really cute dog. An older couple was looking at him so I got him out of the cage to see them. Then I hear my husband behind me say "I want that dog". I turned my head so quick my neck snapped! I ended up telling the older couple that the dog would be way too crazy for them and that we would take it. WTF...sometimes I have no clue what happens to my life!!! At that point I could think of not one single reason not to. I sure hope that when the girls are a little older that they can be our voice of reason because between T. and I there obviously isn't one!!!

Now we have 3 dogs!!! One very old Black Lab (yep you remember-sleeps and poops) and 18 month old Golden Retriever and now a 4 month old Mutt (part Florida Curr dog and part Husky). Aren't I just the luckiest person ever!!! Actually this dog has turned out to be quite amazing. He sleeps, gets up, eats, goes outside to do his business and comes back in and sleeps. He has really just found himself a great little spot in this family and it feels like he has been here forever! Lucky dog, lucky us.

He looks very happy doesn't he???

By the way his name was Osso Buco...that's kinda funny isn't it. We have just shortened it to Osso but we did think that was kinda ironic!

Wish me luck in this crazy, crazy house!

As Always...

Happy Entertaining!!!

Judy
www.nofearentertaining.com

10 comments:

glamah16 said...

He was made for you all. One big happy family.

JoAnn said...

ahhh hahahahahahha! The more the merrier ay?! I love his eyes! Good choice extending your loving hand.

Anonymous said...

Wow! 3 dogs! You are amazing! I thought I was crazy getting an Irish Setter pup 2 months after my 3rd child was potty trained. Six months later, I couldn't imagine life without him (though some days I'd like to!)Dogs really just help to make a house a home, don't you think? Even more important, he needed you and adoption is such a good example for the kids. Kudos, Judy!

Judy@nofearentertaining said...

I think what happened was that we are facing the Black Labs impending death and did not want to have to dal with that so this will help soften the blow. Although that being said there is nothing at all wrong with him and he could have another couple of years with us!

He hasn't even really added any more craziness to an already crazy house!

Mike of Mike's Table said...

lol, sounds like crazy times! I've got 2 and I don't think I could handle a third.

Judy@nofearentertaining said...

Hi Mike. I know what you mean. We are now crazy dog people! Add 2 kids on top of that and we are just crazy!

Thistlemoon said...

Awwww...you got another dog! I can't believe I missed this before! I love him! So cute!

Judy@nofearentertaining said...

Hi Jenn- He is very cute and fitting right in to his crazy new home!!!

Anonymous said...

THREE dogs? Jeez! That puppy is soooo cute. The good friend I walk with has a 3-yr-old yellow lab and boy is she hyper! She's a beaut, through. And I absolutely wish you luck.

Laura Paterson said...

Oh - he is so cute! That second pic really makes me laugh!

And brilliant name!