Friday, December 21, 2007

Does Cranberry Bark count as cooking?


I was really strapped for time and needed to come up with a baked something or other to place inside the little boxes that I had for the teachers that taught my children. I had already made the pretzels with chocolate and M&M's and I needed to come up with something quick. I was pacing through the aisles at Publix when it came to me. Bark!

I really dislike white chocolate though so I had to come up with some milk or dark chocolate. I have had major chocolate disasters before so this was kind of scaring me...I think that Florida heat and humidity do no favors at all for the chocolate dipped items. As I was wandering I happened upon some Ghirardelli Chocolate and I just had to commit!

CHOCOLATE CRANBERRY BARK

1 c. sugar
3 oz. unsweetened chocolate, chopped
1 tsp. vanilla
1 1/4 c. dried cranberries

  • In a large heavy skillet cook the sugar over moderately low heat, stirring constantly, until it is melted (about 15 minutes). Remove the skillet from the heat and add the chocolate and vanilla, stirring the mixture until the chocolate is melted.
  • Stir in the 1 cup of the cranberries and pour the mixture immediately onto a buttered baking sheet, spreading mixture evenly with a buttered spatula. Add the 1/4 cup of remaining cranberries by sprinkling on top. Let the cranberry bark cool and break it into pieces. Store in airtight container lined with wax paper, separating the layers with wax paper.
This recipe worked very well for me with the humidity and all here. I gave this to the assistant teachers, Spanish teachers and the music teacher along with the chocolate M&M pretzels that we made. All were happy!

As Always...

Happy Entertaining!!!

Judy
www.nofearentertaining.com


No comments: