Monday, December 17, 2007

Bloggers Unite - Acts of Kindness

Well December 17th has arrived and its time for my Bloggers Unite Act of Kindness post. This is a blogging event to try and affect as many people on one day as can be possible by each person doing just one simple, random act of kindness. I am sure we all remember the movie Pass it Forward. I try on a daily basis to try and make things better either by volunteering whenever I can, arranging food drives, helping neighbors or any one in need but this is something different.

We live a very blessed life. My children are in private school, we live in a very nice neighborhood, we have food 3 times a day or more, my children and I need or want for nothing. But we also know that things are not as good for everyone else. Today I would like to think that I made a small difference in someone's life...maybe not a huge monetary difference but to help and restore someone's faith in humankind as a whole.

I went through the toll booth today entering into or city and seeing as I have a transponder my tolls are paid by credit card. We also have toll booths that if you do not have a transponder you need to go through to pay your $2 toll. Now, to me $2 is not a huge amount but to some people it unfortunately is. I handed the toll booth operator $20 and asked her to let the next people through and that their tolls could be paid from that and to so this until the $20 is gone. I left and asked her to wish everyone a great day for me. I hope that the people that went through the booth after me will have some of their faith in humankind restored.

We are all so crazy, busy in our every day lives and I think that an event like this is amazing in the fact that it made me slow down and really consider what I was going to do. I spent the day at my children's school volunteering in the Holiday Shop, I have also arranged the second food drive this year to help benefit our local Soup Kitchen, I volunteer for the Leukemia Society and try to be a good, kind person everyday of the year but none of this was enough for this event. I wanted to touch people that I wouldn't come into contact on a day to day basis. I really, truly hope that it worked!

As Always...

Happy Entertaining!!!

Judy
www.nofearentertaining.com

2 comments:

CyberCelt said...

Good idea. Do you think the toll operator did what you asked?

Blessings.

Judy@nofearentertaining said...

i really hope that she did but even if she didn't maybe she needed $20 really badly right at that time and that was my Act of Kindness!