Dakota making snow angels for us! LOL!
So far this has been a great trip. We have been able to lend a hand, a bit of moral support, and help feed the masses! Seems there is always an extra mouth for dinner. How fun is that?
Today I made chili for dinner but also wanted to make sure there was a snack ready for whoever walked in or came to eat dinner with us. There was a half used can of Pumpkin puree in the fridge so it was going to be pumpkin bread and based on all of the other ingredients I found this was the best recipe I could come up with. Turned out really good too, definitely a keeper! Loved the dried cranberries in this!
Pumpkin Bread with Dried Cranberries (adapted from About.com)
- 2 1/4 cups AP flour
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 3/4 cups pumpkin pureé (15 oz can)
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- Combine flour, spice, baking powder, and salt in bowl; stir to blend the dry ingredients well.
- Combine eggs, sugar, pumpkin, and oil in a mixing bowl, beating until smooth.
- Stir in flour mixture, then stir in cranberries. Spoon into a greased and floured 9x5x2-inch loaf pan.
- Bake at 325° for 1 hour and 15 minutes, or until a wooden pick or cake tester inserted in center comes out clean.