Last weekend was my birthday and one of our great traditions is that the birthday person gets to choose what they want for a meal on the night of their birthday. I’m pretty lucky. T. is an incredible cook. Way better than I am so my birthday is always pretty exciting. This year I wanted something pretty decadent and that I would never order if we went to a restaurant but I also wanted something that the girls would eat too.
My choice this year was Shrimp and Crab Alfred. This was so delicious. Sadly though because I didn't make it I have no idea as to the recipe. Here is the picture though!
After this though we had some leftover crab that I did not want to go to waste. I decided that a quiche would be a great way to use it up. Add in some zucchini that was in my fridge and you have a great looking and easy meal. I was able to make this during the day and T. heated it up as I was at the kick off for the NoFood4You campaign!
Crab and Zucchini Quiche
- 1 pastry shell (9 inch), partially baked
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons onions, minced
- 1 zucchini grated and squeezed dry
- 1 cup crabmeat
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 1/2 cups Swiss cheese, shredded/divided and tossed with 1 T flour
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup half and half
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- dash white pepper or hot pepper sauce
- dash nutmeg
- Have a 9-inch pastry shell partially baked.
- Sauté onions and zucchini until tender, about 4 minutes; mix with crabmeat and flour; set aside.
- Sprinkle 3/4 cup the cheese in the pie shell, then spread with crab mixture.
- Sprinkle with remaining 3/4 cup of cheese.
- Beat eggs, cream, salt, pepper, nutmeg, and parsley until mixed. Pour into shell. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until set and knife comes out clean at 350 degrees.