Thursday, December 18, 2008

Christmas Brownie Bites

See how festive they look?

You know you want to make these. They are just to cute! I decided on Jill's, from Simple Daily Recipe's, suggestion to make these for my girl's class parties for Friday. Seeing as today is going to be all taken up with Dr's appt. and school things the only time I had to make these was Wednesday.

I looked for a recipe for brownies that was going to be simple and cheap to make. Come on now, this is for a bunch of little kids that really don't know too much better...luckily they tasted pretty good anyway!

The first 3 pans weren't so good. Some were too big, broke on removal from pan and the M&M's sunk right in! Along with the fact that I only found one of my mini muffin pans so I was making them 12 at a time, they truly took me all day long! Once I got the timing, the M&M and the cooling figured out I was in business.

I truly loved these for the kids class and am excited to bring them to the parties they are having on Friday! Wouldn't you be?

Brownies (Easy Method) adapted from Cooks.com

3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 cup butter
2 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 teaspoon salt
2/3 cup flour
2 eggs
red and green M & M's

Preheat oven to 325°F degrees.

Melt butter and mix it with 3/4 cup of cocoa powder. Then add 2 cup of sugar, 2 eggs, 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract, 2/3 cup flour and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Mix to combine.

Grease mini muffin tin. Drop 1 tsp full of batter into holes and bake for 20 minutes.

Remove from oven and gently press an M&M into the top. Allow to cool for 5 minutes and gently remove form pan to cooling rack. Allow to cool completely before serving.

The girls were pretty happy with these as well. They got to eat all of the ones that didn't turn out!!!

On another note take a minute and go and visit my friend Jo's blog and read about all of the wonderful things she wrote about me!!!

As Always...

Happy Entertaining!!!

Judy
www.nofearentertaining.com

19 comments:

Valerie Harrison (bellini) said...

These do look very festive and I'm sure your girls loved them!!

Sandy Smith said...

Cuties! I'm sure kids are nuts about these!

RecipeGirl said...

These were the perfect choice for a school party. Kids like 'simple' and they love chocolate anything!

Spryte said...

So easy and festive!

Aggie said...

These are adorable and are definitely a kid favorite!!

Laurie said...

The kids will love these! And I love all your cookie recipes, and especially appreciate the fact that you write a review after each. Cookies are a challenge to me, so I like knowing what I'm getting into before I start.

Anonymous said...

These brownies look wonderful. My daughter just saw them and wants me to make them asap. M&M is a perfect addition!

Thistlemoon said...

Perfect for a kids party! I am sure they loved them!

Judy@nofearentertaining said...

Hey Val-They sure did. Chocolate from one end to the other.

Hey Sandy-They did turn out cute!

Hey RecipeGirl-They were perfect

Hi Spryte-Yes they were

Hey Aggie-My kids always loved the store bought ones so I thought I would try my hand!

Hi Laurie-Thanks for the comps! I would hate for someone to try a recipe I struggled with without knowing first!!!

Hey 5 Star Foodie-You had better get on ti then!

Hey Jenn-they were perfect!

Preston said...

They look great. I love brownies, especially easy ones!

Jen said...

They are, indeed, cute. That and chocolate - what more could anyone ask for a class party?

And yes, I DO want to make these! ;-)

Sweet Treats by Dani said...

What a cute idea! your girls are lucky :)

Nikki @ NikSnacks said...

These are super cute! They are festive :)

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah, you know I want these -- and I know right where my mini muffin pans are!

Darius T. Williams said...

These are perfect - really festive!

Anonymous said...

These are too cute! I've been eager to use the new holiday M&M's so this is perfect! Plus since they're bite size I feel like I can eat more ;)

Dharm said...

Brownies are always great and what could be better than Brownies with M&Ms on top!! My daughter would love to stuff her face with these!

Anonymous said...

Hi

These brownie bites are so delicious and there are so many people want to eat these bites.

Fakhruddin40 said...

These brownie bites would be suitable for the coming Christmas Day.

Plastic Card