Tuesday, October 9, 2007

I feel like cookies!!!


I was searching blogs the other day and on one of my most favorite blogs www.janetishungry.blogspot.com, I found a recipe for banana oatmeal cookies. I'm not sure if it was the beautiful pictures or just the reminder that I needed to do something with the rotting bananas, that drove me to bake but what ever the reason was I am so happy that I did!

I had my youngest daughter help me and yeah, probably not the best helper but she really loves cooking. She does really well...she only broke one bowl yesterday. Unfortunately it was brand new one that I really, really liked! Oh well. They are all replaceable! But she really loves to cook and to help us which is really confusing to us...oh well more on that some other day!

The cookies turned out great despite everything that I did wrong...measured too much flour so had to add more banana and less oatmeal. I can only imagine how heavenly they would be if I followed the directions right!!!

Next time though I will substitute whole wheat flour for the regular and maybe try and figure out how to replace the white (refined) sugar with some organic or all natural cane or brown sugar! Any ideas?

Janet Is Hungry: Banana Oatmeal Cookies

Happy Entertaining!!!

Judy

www.nofearentertaining.com

No comments: