Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Halloween Tomorrow - Pumpkin Bread


I had to make a choice today...one tat I didn't want to but I just ran out of time! I had said that I was going to make some apple snacks that I had seen but I have been going all day and that one was going to be a little time consuming. We have Karate and Ice Skating tonight so that kind of eliminates the evening hours. As it is I can't even figure out dinner!!! Rotisserie chicken from Costco will have to cover that tonight! I went ahead and made Pumpkin Bread. Still Halloweenish and seasonal but not quite as labor intensive as the apple snacks.


No Fear Entertaining Pumpkin Bread (this will make 2 loaves)


Ingredients:

2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
2 cups whole wheat flour
2 cups sugar (I used organic cane sugar)
2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
1/4 tsp ground ginger
1/4 tsp ground cloves
2 cups canned pumpkin puree
1 cup milk
4 eggs
2/3 cup butter
1 cup chopped pecans
1 cup raisins


Directions:


Preheat oven to 350 degrees


In a large mixing bowl combine 1/2 of the flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, baking soda, nutmeg, ginger, cloves, pumpkin, milk eggs and butter.


Mix with an electric mixer on low speed until blended. Turn mixer to high and mix for about 2 minutes. Add the remaining flour and mix well. Stir in pecans and raisins.


Pour
batter into 2 greased loaf pans and bake in your preheated 350 degree oven for 60 to 65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes in a wire rack.

Remove bread from pans and allow to cool completely on the rack.
Cool completely before slicing and for best results wrap and store overnight before slicing.


As Always...


Happy Entertaining!!!


Judy

2 comments:

Jill@SimpleDailyRecipes.com said...

I'm going to make your Pumpkin Bread and take it to a party this Saturday. I'll come back & give you all the rave reviews.

Judy@nofearentertaining said...

Thanks Jill...can't wait to hear!