We had a 5K run that both the girls did...
We had BMX races...
Friends that we visited...
We went fishing...
And we picked a lot of strawberries. I made cake (post to come on that one), strawberry puree for ice cream and finally I made strawberry muffins.
I made strawberry muffins many, many times. You know why? The recipe that I found was awesome. Simple, no mixer and all ingredients that you have on hand...
Strawberry Muffins (Taste of Home)
preheat oven to 375°
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup fat-free plain yogurt (I used papaya flavored yogurt because that's what I had on hand and it was delicious so use what you have...)
- 1/4 cup butter, melted and cooled
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/4 cups coarsely chopped fresh or frozen unsweetened strawberries
- In a small bowl, combine the first four ingredients. In another bowl, whisk the eggs, yogurt, butter and vanilla. Stir into the dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in strawberries.
- Fill muffin cups coated with cooking spray or lined with paper liners two-thirds full. Bake for 15-18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
These were good. I mean really, really good. So good that I made them for a friends birthday and I frosted them with cream cheese frosting. Everyone liked them...
I love strawberry muffins. Sounds like a fun month!
i love strawberries in muffins! yours looks so delicious! definitely bookmarking it!
These muffins sound right up my alley!
Those look sooooo good! Soon as I have some fresh straweberries, I want to make these!
Jude, thanks for the soo lovely receipt! It really looks yummy and easy to be made, as I am going to try it right away!!
Post a Comment