Monday, May 21, 2012

The Birthday Boy's Bourbon Country Style Ribs

Tony loves meat.  I mean he really loves meat.  I think if he were pressed to answer,  pork would come first, beef second and then everything else just because. 

I knew for his birthday he would want some meat.  As luck would have it I found some very reasonably priced boneless country style ribs when I was shopping.  Lucky Tony!

I made the marinade the night before and added the meat to it in the morning.  Once we tasted it I realized this marinade would be perfect for just about any meat that is being grilled. 

Can't wait to try it on some pork chops and chicken thighs! And I think this long weekend is just the time to try!

Bourbon Marinaded Country Style Ribs


Ingredients

  • 1 cup brown sugar
  • 1 Tbs molasses
  • 2/3 cup bourbon
  • 1 cup soy sauce
  • 4 cloves garlic
  • 3 pounds country style pork ribs

Directions

  1.   Combine brown sugar, molasses, bourbon, soy sauce, and garlic in a food processor or blender to mince garlic with other ingredients. Pour over ribs, and marinate for several hours in the refrigerator.
  2. Preheat an outdoor grill for medium heat, and lightly oil grate.
  3. Place ribs on grate, and cook ribs until cooked to your liking.  When finished, the internal temperature of the ribs should be 160 degrees F (70 degrees C) when taken with a meat thermometer.


 

2 comments:

Patsyk said...

I want to try this marinade! It sounds so perfect for summer and the weather has finally started to feel that way up here!

Lindsey said...

Try this recipe at one of these summer parties:
http://www.umbrelladrink.com