I always make these for my Christmas cookie tins. Why? They looks festive with the colored sugar, they freeze well, I can make a huge batch, and I like them!!!
Peanut Butter Cookies (adapted from Better Homes and Gardens-New Cook Book)
Makes about 6 dozen cookies that are perfect for freezing! You can 1/2 this recipe for a normal batch of 36.
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- colored granulated sugar
- In a large mixing bowl beat the butter and peanut butter with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds.
- Add the granulated sugar, brown sugar, baking soda, and baking powder. Beat until combined, scraping sides of bowl occasionally.
- Beat in the egg and vanilla.
- Beat in as much as the flour as you can with the mixer. Stir in remaining flour.
- Shape dough into 2 inch balls.
- Place balls 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet. Flatten by making crisscross marks with the tines of a fork. Sprinkle with colored sugar.
- Bake cookies in a 375 degree oven for 7-9 minutes or until bottoms of cookies are lightly browned.
- Transfer cookies to a wire rack to cool.
I am sending this along to Susan at Food Blogga for her yearly Eat Christmas Cookies Roundup! Head over here to check it out and enter your favorite cookie!!!
9:40AM is too early to be drooling over peanut butter cookies!
These look great! Your family is so lucky to have a good woman like yourself.
What a GREAT idea, Judy. I really hate traditional Christmas cookies and these would taste much better and are so pretty! Next year for sure!
And everyone loves pb cookies in their tins anyway! They look great :)
they look so festive with the colored sugar :)
They do look festive!
Who doesn't love PB Cookies? Thanks, Judy!
oh yeah... i wouldn't of thought to sprinkle these w/ some green and red and make them into christmas cookies. why not? everything's better with some PB!
You know these cookies are really made for you and T...the kids are lucky if they get two!
I only got cookies like these from the neighbors. ;(
Oh yum, it's freezing here, and these would be a perfect addition to a glass of milk and a warm fleece blanket.
Love, love, love PB treats...looks really festive and sounds quite tasty! Have a great Christmas.
These look yummy! I'm making gift baskets for Christmas gifts, and I think these would be a great addition. I'll make them tomorrow and let you know how they turn out. Thanks!
These remind me of the ones my mom and I used to make for gifts - although we didn't have the festive coloured sugar sprinkles :) Yum!
I love peanut butter cookies, the addition of the colored sugar makes them look so festive!
More cookies? You are running or swimming every morning, right? I figured I have to exercise 10 more minutes every day for every 6 cookies I eat. I love this season!
Happy Holidays my friend!
You forgot to mention that because they contain peanut butter, they are protein-rich and therefore a complete meal.
I used to love fresh PB cookies growing up...these look great!
Let's see, I have the peanut butter, I have the rest of the necessaries, what am I waiting for? :)
I'm loving these - I could go for a Baker's dozen right now!
Have a wonderful Christmas holiday Judy!!!
Adding colored sugar really makes them look good and tasty.
Post a Comment