Monday, March 22, 2010

Chocolate Banana Brownies

 DSC_0052
Sorry for the quick hit here but I was tweeting about these brownies and how delicious they are so I needed to get it up quickly in my very limited time!
I took my favorite brownie recipe and replaced all of the fat from the butter with 1/2 cup of mashed ripe bananas and then placed slices on the top.  These turned out moist and cakey on the bottom and deliciously gooey on top…
I made these from the following recipe but when thinking about it I really want to try it with a boxed brownie mix.  It should work the same!  Replace the full 1/3 cup of oil with 1/3 cup mashed up banana and follow the rest of the instructions…
DSC_0055
Chocolate Banana Brownies  adapted from Cooks.com
3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 cup mashed bananas
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 teaspoon salt
2/3 cup flour
2 eggs
Sliced bananas for topping
Preheat oven to 350°F degrees.
Mix banana with 3/4 cup of cocoa powder. Then add 2 cup of sugar, 2 eggs, 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract, 2/3 cup flour and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Mix to combine.
Grease a 9X9 baking pan and bake for 35-40 minutes.

Remove from oven.  Allow to cool for 5 minutes and gently remove from pan to cooling rack. Allow to cool completely before cutting and serving.
signature

13 comments:

Coach J said...

No freaking way! No-fat brownies? Sounds awesome. I'll need to try these.

Inspired by eRecipeCards said...

This is such an incredible recipe... I am humbled by the concept

Valerie Harrison (bellini) said...

With the brownies in them I imagine these are healthy too!!

RecipeGirl said...

Yummy! I love how you put the little slices of banana on top for photo value :)

test it comm said...

I really like the sliced bananas on top!

Elle said...

I'm totally in a chocolate banana mood now! These look so great, Judy!

Linn @ Swedish Home Cooking said...

That's a chocolate cake to kill for! mm. I just uploaded a new episode of my online cooking show, I'm making Swedish Cupcakes! Please check it out. Linn

Abby said...

They're SO pretty! I just love the banana slices. I'm always up for a new brownie recipe!

Anonymous said...

Did you top with the banana slices before putting the pan in the oven, or after baking? And how did these brownies keep? Did the banana slices begin to get moldy after a day or two?

Sweet Treats by Dani said...

interesting adjustment :)

Anonymous said...

I stumbled across this tonight and am trying out the way you suggested for boxed brownies! It called for a half cup of oil so I mashed a half cup of banana and sliced an entire banana and put those on top. It looks delicious! I hope it turns out as good as yours looks. :)

Tamara D said...

These are absolutely INCREDIBLE!!! I used coconut flour for fun...

DZRTJUL said...

These are a real winner!! It's all good!