We have had some corn tortillas in my fridge for a while. You know that package that gets moved every time you need something from in there? I had originally bought these because I love corn tortillas but found out that the rest of the family does not :( The other day I finally got to the point where I need to use these up and some other things that I had in my fridge as well!
These were really just a meal of leftovers that worked out to tummy stuffing, yummy, perfection!
Corn tortillas (2 for each tostada)
oil for frying
1 lb ground beef
iceberg lettuce, shredded
cheddar cheese, shredded
guacamole (I just mashed up some avocados added salt, pepper, garlic powder and some lime juice this time!)
green onions, chopped
- Heat the oil for frying the corn tortillas in a large deep sided pot. Cook each tortilla individually until puffed up and crispy. Transfer to a cooling rack to cool an drain.They are now tostada shells.
- Brown the ground beef and add taco seasoning to taste and 1/4 water and reduce heat and simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Heat the refried beans with the green chilies.
- Place one tostada shell on a plate and spread with some refried beans (this is all done to taste so I am not going to give you actual measurements for the assembly!), ground beef mixture, and some cheese.
- Top with another tostada shell and spread more beans and beef.
- For the topping just add what you like using the ingredients and the picture above as a guide. I sprinkled cheese, lettuce, onion, sour cream, guacamole, jalapenos, green onions and chopped cilantro.
These were a delicious and speedy week night meal. The time comes in the assembly but that can be done quickly as well!!!