Friday, July 10, 2009

The perfect summer rum drink

It’s hot outside…I mean really hot outside. We’ve had days where it has been about 110F with the humidex calculated in. For me I can take anywhere up to 90F and then I start wilting. But I’ve found over my years of living here in Florida that some things can help.

My favorite of all is to float around in my pool with a nice refreshing cocktail fitted just perfectly into the little cup holder on the side. Try convincing the kids though that it really is to hold drinks and not all of their dive sticks I am suppose to be throwing in while relaxing! Anyway, sometimes I win and get my drink there and just recently it was this…

P1010608

I used this rum…

Rum

And this juice…

P1010677

And this recipe…

My Easy Rum Runner

Ingredients:

2 ounces of rum (any rum will do but I did really like this Tommy Bahama Rum)
4 ounces of Welch’s Berry, Pineapple and Passion Fruit Blend
splash of Perrier or San Pellegrino
Ice

Directions:

Mix all ingredients together in a glass and enjoy.

***We sort of thought these tasted a little like rum runners and may try them blended one day to compare!

As Always…

Happy Entertaining!!!

Judy
www.nofearentertaining.com

9 comments:

Thistlemoon said...

so refreshing, Judy! YUM

The Duo Dishes said...

That's an easy one to throw together on a hot day. We could totally use a glass.

Bob said...

Well, it's been in the 60's here... but I'll still take a drink! :D

Creative Classroom Core said...

Its been a long morning... I could really go for a glass right about now!

Such a perfectly refreshing summer cocktail :)

Patsyk said...

That's my idea poolside drink! Throw in an umbrella and I can pretend I'm on vacation!

Ann said...

YUM! Looks delicious! I just made some great mojito jello shots with a little too much rum actually. I love your site and just passed the Kreativ Blogger Award nom to you and linked to your site:)

Deeba PAB said...

I like the way you cool off Judy...aaaaaaah!!

Ivy said...

This looks so easy and refreshing. Perfect for a hot summer evening.

Spryte said...

Refreshing!