Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Tilapia with Cilantro and Lime

flickr tilapia Loved this fish dish and yes I do eat my peas raw…

Cilantro and lime has proven to be one of my favorite flavor combinations. Something about the crispness and freshness of the two flavors together and how they bring something new out in each of them. This quick and easy recipe highlights all of the things I love and just shines on the tilapia!

I stumbled across this recipe but it was used on salmon and seeing as I didn't have any salmon on hand I rummaged through my freezer and came up with 4 tilapia filets. I try to always keep some on hand for a quick and easy week night meal. It worked out perfect for us this time and the tilapia went perfect with the herb and citrus and was on the table in less than 30 minutes. Now that’s my kind of meal!!!

Tilapia with Cilantro and Lime...adapted from One Perfect Bite

Ingredients:
4 (6 to 8-oz.) Tilapia fillets (thawed if frozen)
1/2 cup cilantro, finely chopped
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 teaspoon finely chopped garlic
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons fresh lime juice

Directions:
1) Combine cilantro, oil, garlic and salt(do not add the lime juice. It will toughen up the fish). Set 2 tablespoons aside.

2) Pour remainder over fish in bowl. Let stand, covered, 10 minutes.

3) Meanwhile, preheat broiler. Spray broiler rack with nonstick cooking spray. Place fish on rack. Brush with 1 tablespoon of marinade. Then broil 4 inches from heat for 7 to 8 minutes, or until fish is no longer translucent and flakes when touched with fork. Brush with remaining tablespoon marinade and top with the lime. Transfer to a serving platter.

As Always…

Happy Entertaining!!!

Judy
www.nofearentertaining.com

15 comments:

Ria Mathew said...

It looks yummmm!

Maria said...

I love all of that cilantro! Great summer meal!

Kristen said...

I love Tilapia because it is such a quick and easy weeknight meal. Tanks for giving me another way to make it! SU for you :)

Deeba PAB said...

I wish I could cook fish with so much ease Judy. These are fresh & exciting flavours!

Thistlemoon said...

I love those flavors too, Judy! Looks great!

Chef E said...

This is a total yum in my food book! I need to get to the market for some fresh fish...

Jen said...

I agree, Judy, cilantro and lime are just wonderful together. I can see them being a natural for the mild sweetness of tilapia.

RecipeGirl said...

Summery yummy!

Anne Coleman said...

Beautiful! This looks like the perfect summer dinner!

Elle said...

Judy--flavor packed and simple are two of my favorite things! I love this one!

Peter G | Souvlaki For The Soul said...

Looks lovely and fresh Judy!

Dharm said...

Thats an interesting combination Judy - Cilantro and Lime. I definitely have to try it!! It looks yummy and I think the troops here would enjoy it. Incidentally, your recipe (directions) has a typo with the kind of fish you used!
Love this dish!

Janet @Gourmettraveller88 said...

I am aiming to eat light recently, your way of preparing Tilapia is so refeshing! I will remember and make it shortly.

Creative Classroom Core said...

Beautifully presented dish. Some really tasty flavors going on here :)

Peter M said...

The flavours are bright, simple and fitting for a delicate fish like tilapia. Fish was meant to be had with citrus.