Sunday, July 20, 2008

Parsley Potatoes?


Sounds pretty bland huh? Well I thought so too until I tasted them!!! T.'s Mom made these for us when we were in PA on our vacation and we recreated them when we were in Toronto at my families then again last night. Yummmm. I like potatoes but I don't LOVE them the way some people do. I could pass a baked potato for rice or a salad any day. But I LOVE these potatoes!!! Really simple to make and compliments just about any food. We had these with some fried chicken and a salad last night and they worked great. The kids love them too!


Parsley Potatoes

Ingredients:

1 1/2 -2 lbs of small red skin potatoes, cut in quarters. (I'm sure any white fleshed potato will work)
3 cloves of garlic, chopped
1 stick of butter
3/4 of a lg bunch of parsley, chopped
salt and pepper to taste

Directions:
  • Cook potatoes.
  • In small pan melt the butter and add the chopped garlic, salt and pepper. Allow to simmer gently for about 5 minutes.
  • Drain potatoes and place in a large bowl. Add butter sauce and toss gently. Add parsley and gently toss all together.
  • Serve immediately.
As Always...

Happy Entertaining!!!

Judy
www.nofearentertaining.com

11 comments:

Jan said...

Those potatoes look lovely!

MariBy said...

Sometimes the simplest recipes are the most charming.

Red skin potatoes are the best!

Peter M said...

Judy, I
m amaking fish 2nite...this could be the side dish...thinking of chives in here too! Thanks for the idea, dahling.

Mike of Mike's Table said...

Just like mariby said, some times simple is the best way to go, and I would definitely believe it. Heck, one of my favorite ways is to simply sauté small potatoes in butter and then add salt. Plus, these look really summery!

Brittany said...

I JUST bought some red potatoes at the farmers market yesterday! I can make this tonight with my tilapia!

Judy@nofearentertaining said...

Thanks Jan!

Mariby - I totally agree!

Hey Peter - Chives would be awesome in there! Yummmm!

Hey Mike-I love the summery look of these as well.

Hey Brittany-It will go great with tilapia or any fish!

eatingclubvancouver_js said...

I would be all over these potatoes!

Danni said...

Mmmmm...those look yummy. I'm with Peter, I thought chives, too! Sounds like you had a wonderful trip. :-)

Thistlemoon said...

Yeah they do look really green and summery - although I am not a huge fan of tons of parsley. So I might sub basil or something - or maybe just chives!

Denise Clarke said...

My Austrian mother-in-law used to make them all the time with fresh parsley from the garden. Always amazed me how flavorful they really were!

Denise
http://WineFoodPairing.blogspot.com4

Anonymous said...

I grew up on these but with onions as opposed to garlic. am making them for Easter dinner with both onions and garlic. thought they would be a pretty addition to the table!