Yesterday was one of those really great days that you could spend a lifetime trying to recreate. We just hung out and relaxed during the morning and then T. decided that we would go on a river cruise. So off we went with the girls so excited. We live in one of the best boating areas in the country and very rarely do we ever take advantage of it so it was really nice to be able to do this.
We went on the Peace River which is a little north of us. The weather was incredible. Hot, sunny, nice breeze blowing. Couldn't ask for anything better!
After the boat we went to one of the river side restaurants and enjoyed a drink while the girls ate and appetizer. Good time had by all.
Back to reality and dinner. We were running reallyshort on food so this was really just using up some odds and ends. I think I will call it...Dinner!
1 whole head of garlic (we like a like a lot of garlic)-thin sliced
1 C. chopped zucchini
1/3 C. chopped basil
3 Tbsp Olive Oil
4 ounces of goat cheese
1/4 C of cream
salt and pepper
about 20 grape tomatoes
Spinach and Asagio cheese ravioli (Costco or you can use any pasta with this)
- Heat olive oil in pan. Add the shallots and garlic and cook until the garlic is nicely browned or toasted.
- add the zucchini and cook through.
- Add the grape tomatoes and stir until they are heated through.
- add the goat cheese and then the basil.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the cream at the very end to just bring it all together nicely!
- Serve over cooked pasta.
I thought I would share with you what spring looks like in SW Florida...at least in my backyard!
This is my mango tree!
Mama dove and her rapidly growing baby. I swear she has not left her nest in months!