I have wanted to test the slow cooker method of making oatmeal for a while and last night seemed like a perfect time to do it. And I sure am glad that I did.
When I posted on FB this morning about making it... "I made apple pie oatmeal in the slow cooker last night. Not only did I get to smell it all night long but I got to wake up to a ready made breakfast! It's a good day..." I ended up with many recipe requests for this. So hence the hasty post!
Apple Pie Oatmeal in the Slow Cooker
I made a double batch because I wanted it to last more than one day but this is the single batch which will feed 4 easily.
- 3 Cups of water
- 1 Cup of Steel Ground Oats
- 2 apples peeled and diced
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon or apple pie spice
- Using a 3 quart or larger slow cooker combine all ingredients
- Allow to cook on low for 5-6 hours. (I woke up during the night and turned it onto the warm setting and allowed it to sit the rest of the night but it could have easily cooked the night.)
- Serve with butter, brown sugar and a little bit of milk
***Love, love, love this recipe and will be making it again and again. I would love to try adding raisins and cardamom, dried apricots, or any other dried fruit.
Mmm!! I shall have to try this. Thanks for posting!
Oh love this! I recently made a pumpkin pie version in the slow cooker and loved it. Will try this for sure!
Merry Christmas to you and the fam Judy!
So simple! I adore my slow cooker - can't wait to try this one. :)
Post a Comment