See the moist pieces of strawberry and the nice dark chocolate all mixed into the banana bread? Pretty yummy let me tell ya!!!I was feeling a little peckish after cleaning up the house so I went to my fridge and stood there. For some reason (youngest daughter) placed a half eaten banana in there and I also found a tub of sliced up strawberries. That with some chocolate syrup on top was my delicious snack.
While I was eating it though it hit me that those flavors would make a delicious quick bread! We love quick breads here. Me, because they are quick and simple to make and are relatively healthy and the rest of the family because it is CAKE!!!
Banana, Strawberry and Chocolate Chip Quick Bread
1/2 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
1/2 cup sugar
1 cup banana, mashed (about 2 medium sized bananas)
1/4 cup milk
2 cups all purpose flour (next time I will try 1/2 of it whole wheat flour)
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup strawberries, hulled and chopped
1/2 cup chocolate chips or chunks (I used bittersweet but you can use what you like)
Directions: Preheat oven to 350
- In a mixing bowl cream the butter and sugar.
- Add the eggs one at a time and beat well after each one.
- Add the banana and the milk.
- In a separate bowl mix together the flour, baking soda and salt and add to the creamed mixture until just blended.
- Using a spoon mix in the strawberries and chocolate chips
- Pour into a greased 9X5X3 inch loaf pan and bake in your preheated 350 degree over for about 1 hr and 20 minutes or until tester comes out clean.
- cool for 10 minutes in pan then remove to cool completely on a wire rack.
This sounds likes a great recipe for me to make for the family! Thanks for sharing!
wowow, makes me want to pick up a slice.....nice
Oh man...I need to start baking now...
That not only sounds delicious but looks delicious too! I'm sure my kids would love that!
What a great idea! (both the snack and the CAKE!) I bet it would make a great ice-cream flavor, too.....
I agree, quick breads are like cake for me too!
That bread sounds amazing!
Post a Comment