So you all know by now that we are a pretty busy household right? Between ice skating lessons, karate classes and BMX races and practices you must wonder how we do all of that stuff and still eat home cooked, real food meals, right?
This recipe for baked chicken fingers is one of my favorite go to recipes for a busy weeknight. From start to finish it takes just 15 minutes for me to bread them and bake them and have them on the table for the kids. Almost as fast as going to McDonald’s and getting the chicken nuggets and bringing them home for dinner…
Baked Chicken Fingers
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup AP Flour
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups Italian breadcrumbs
- Preheat oven to 400F
- Cut chicken breasts into thin strips, about one inch wide.
- Longer sections can be cut in half to have uniform pieces.
- Mix flour and seasonings (garlic, salt, and pepper) well in a bowl.
- Dip chicken pieces into flour mixture. then egg mixture, and then finally in the Italian breadcrumbs.
- Place on baking sheet sprayed with cooking spray. 6
- Bake at for 9-11 minutes, until crispy on outside and lightly browned.
***The girls like these dipped in Ranch Dressing, ketchup, BBQ Sauce or even Honey Mustard.
****To have these ready in 15 minutes I have to cut the chicken into thin strips earlier in the day. Another time saver is to bread them and refrigerate them until ready to use and then just plop them in a preheated oven. See you can eat well even when as busy as we are!!!