Wednesday, May 13, 2009

First of the season Georgia Peaches and my favorite pie!

I love peach pie. One of my favorite desserts. Fortunately for me my Mother-in-Law makes the best one I have ever had, too bad she lives so far away!!!

This pie was inspired by my love of peach pie, each little bite tastes just like summer to me!

peach pie flickr

Peach Pie Crumble (adapted from RecipeLand.com)

Ingredients:

3 Tbsp AP Flour
1/3 Cup sugar
1/2 tsp cinnamon
3 Cups peaches, skinned and sliced

topping:

1/2 Cup brown sugar
1/3 Cup AP flour
1/3 Cup Rolled Oats
2 Tbsp butter

Directions:

  • Preheat oven and baking sheet to 375 degrees.
  • In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar and cinnamon; stir in peaches and toss to coat well.
  • Pour mixture into pie crust.
  • For topping, in a small bowl, combine brown sugar, flour and rolled oats.
  • Cut in butter until crumbly.
  • Sprinkle topping over pie.
  • Bake on preheated baking sheet for 40 minutes or until golden brown.
  • Serve warm or cold.

As Always…

Happy Entertaining!!!

Judy
www.nofearentertaining.com

23 comments:

Maria said...

I love peaches in the summer, I will add this to my summer baking list! Looks wonderful!

Kat said...

The pie looks delicious. I like the look of the topping.

Peter M said...

Judy, this looks delish...I'm bookmarking it to try in Greece this summer.

Chef David E said...

Beautiful, Judy! Where did you get the peaches?

Anonymous said...

Wow, it's already the start of the peaches season? The pie is gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

My family is from the south and peach pie reminds me of yearly summer trips to pick, peel, and freeze peaches. I'm lucky enough now to live in Central Texas where we get fresh peaches each year, and I'm always looking for new things to make with them. I think my father in particular will enjoy this recipe when he comes to visit next.

Thistlemoon said...

Wow, Judy! That looks great! :)
I guess that is the advantage of living even a few hours more to the South - peaches sooner! :)

Elle said...

Judy, I love it! I adore peach pie--this one looks fabulous!

s. stockwell said...

We will check for some good fresh peaches? Trader Joe has some very decent ones in a jar? Their pears are good too. Nothing like fresh! Thanks, we will try this one. Best, s

Unknown said...

Oh beautiful! I'll have to bookmark this one...

pigpigscorner said...

It looks sooo delicious! I'm bookmarking this!

Bob said...

That looks amazing. I've never had peach pie before, but I really could go for some!

Emily (justeatfood) said...

I can just taste that! Thank you for the pre-summer treat. I certainly have a lot to look forward to.

Patsyk said...

Peaches won't be in season up here until August, but this looks like the best way to use them once they are! Delicious!

Darius T. Williams said...

This looks good...just begs for a bit of ice cream!

Andrea Meyers said...

I love crumble pies, mostly for the crunchy texture but also because I only have to roll out one crust. :-) Your peach pie looks delicious.

gail said...

mmm! Delicious!

Dharm said...

Never had peach pie before but this looks just super! I wish peaches were cheaper here...would canned peaches be as good??

Megan said...

It wont be peach season here for awhile but I'll remember this when It is!

kellypea said...

Mmm...can't wait. A toss up for me whether I love peach pie or peach ice cream most. Both? Sounds like a terrific recipe. ; )

Deeba PAB said...

Very summer & very yum Judy. Peaches have just about started coming into the market here, though I got some apricots yesterday. That pie does look scrumptious. Maybe I can try this with apricots!Hope your day at the beach was good!!

Jill@SimpleDailyRecipes.com said...

Peaches are coming in from the South around here. I'll have to make this next week.
Thanks, you've got my stomach growlin'.

test it comm said...

The strawberries are just starting to show up and now I am looking forward to the peaches already. The peach pie/crumble looks so good!