It turned out good. Really, really good. So good in fact that I make it that way at least every other week now.
Sausage, Peppers and Onions in the Crock pot
- 1 package of Italian style sausage (chicken or pork both work well)
- 2 large peppers sliced lengthwise
- 2 onions sliced
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 can of fire roasted tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 can of Northern Beans, rinsed and drained (optional)
- Cut sausage links into pieces and brown in a small bit of oil.
- Place peppers, onions, garlic, oregano, tomatoes and beans (if using) in crockpot.
- Drain the sausage and add to the crockpot.
- Cook on low for 5-6 hrs or high for 3-4.
- Serve over rice, pasta or on a toasted roll like I have above.