Every once in a while you make a meal that is good. I mean so good that you think maybe you should start a food blog so that you could blog it. You know, post pictures and post the recipe? And then you realize that Hey! You already have a food blog to do all that on but the last month was too crazy and you didn't get a chance to photograph or post any of the great meals you made...
Last nights dinner was enough to make anyone start a food blog. I had been texting a friend (Love you!) on Sunday to try and give her some dinner inspiration when I found some myself. Took til Tuesday night to follow through but it was worth the wait.
I was inspired by a pinterest post for Chicken Alfredo Roll-ups but seeing as it was a busy weeknight I knew this was gong to be too much time invested for me so I had to change it around and this is how it went...
Chicken Alfredo Lasagna
- 6 no boil lasagna noodles
- 2 1/2 Cups alfredo sauce (you can make your own but I was tight for time so used some Bertoli garlic alfredo sauce)
- 2 Cups cooked chicken, cut or shredded into bite sized pieces (I had roasted a chicken the night before but rotisserie chicken would work well for this)
- 1 Cup thawed frozen spinach, drained and squeezed dry
- 3 Cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- parsley for sprinkling on top to make it look pretty
- Preheat oven to 350º
- Grease a 8X8 casserole dish and spread a small amount of alfredo sauce on the bottom of the dish
- Place 3 lasagna noodles on the bottom (you'll have to break them to fit) and spread alfredo sauce on the noodles.
- Evenly spread the chicken and spinach, salt and pepper to taste and sprinkle with about half of the mozzarella cheese
- Cover with the remaining 3 lasagna noodles, top with the remaining sauce and cheese. Sprinkle with some parsley to make it look pretty
- Cover and bake for about 45 minutes, uncover and bake for about 15 more.
- Allow to rest for about 15 minutes and serve with a salad for a delicious week night meal.