Super easy side dish especially if you use the slicer attachment on you food processor. He loved them and might just be seeing a repeat performance on Sunday!
See all the cheesy goodness with the delicious little browned bits that everyone fights over?
Scalloped Potato Gratin (Food Network - Tyler Florence's recipe)
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1 sprig fresh thyme
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 pounds russet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/8-inch thick slices
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan, plus more for broiling
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a saucepan, heat up the cream with a sprig of thyme, chopped garlic and nutmeg.
- While cream is heating up, butter a casserole dish. Place a layer of potato in an overlapping pattern and season with salt and pepper. Remove cream from heat, then pour a little over the potatoes. Top with some grated Parmesan. Make 2 more layers. Bake, uncovered, for 45 minutes. Sprinkle some more Parmesan and broil until cheese browns, about 5 minutes.