But sadly due to time and the fact that fried chicken instantly seems to attach itself to my already ample booty I try to stay away from it. Luckily for us I have found a pretty decent oven fried chicken recipe that is quick and easy.
Everyone loves “fried” chicken nights here now and these are as simple to make as store bought shake and bake chicken.
Oven Fried Chicken
- Enough chicken legs to feed your family
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon sage
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon or less cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup butter
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C).
- Mix flour, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, paprika, sage, cayenne and pepper together in a bag. Add chicken parts in a bag and shake until well coated.
- Melt butter/margarine in a 9x13 inch baking dish in the preheated oven. Place chicken in the baking dish skin side down and bake for 20 minutes. Turn pieces and bake another 20 minutes until tender and juices run clear.