Monday, February 7, 2011

Clementine and Peach Muffins

I love those tiny little orange balls of perfection. I usually grab 3 at a time when I sit down to eat them because definitely one is not enough so it was only natural that I would want to make muffins using them right?
This recipe was good but it needed some modifying so I made them again with much better results. The first try was dry. Really, really dry. The second try was just right!
DSC_0145
Clementine and Peach Muffin Recipe (Adapted from About.com)
Ingredients:
  • 3 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1/3 cup granulated sugar
  • 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/4 cup butter, melted
  • 1 cup peach flavored yogurt
  • 1 egg
  • 1 tablespoon clementine zest
    2 tablespoon clementine juice (or orange juice)
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
  • 5 clementines, peeled and chopped
  • Raw sugar for sprinkling
Preparation:
Preheat the oven to 350F.
Combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and baking soda. Whisk together the butter, yogurt, egg, zest, juice and vanilla. Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients just until the flour mixture is moistened. Fold the chopped clementines into the batter.
Divide the batter between 12 paper-lined muffin cups, sprinkle with raw sugar, and bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean. Transfer the muffins to a wire cooling rack.
signature

6 comments:

Dragon said...

Umm...wow! Bring a batch up with you when you visit next. ;)

Suzanne said...

yummie! Clementines and peaches -- what a great combination!

Jenn @leftoverqueen said...

I am glad you are back Judy, I have really missed your posts!

Unknown said...

I love clementines, these look light and delicious!

Hannah said...

Hmm, my comment did something weird..... anyway, I love clementines, and these muffins look light and delicious!

sare said...

Thank you.I like clementines and peaches. I think they are light and delicious.