I have had some major issues going on with my computer and the bank for the past week. My computer was attacked by a virus and then my bank account was compromised so they cancelled my access…been a fun week trying to get everything back to normal but at least my computer is up and working!!!
Most of you know that I have been trying to eat healthier and lose some pounds that have been steadily creeping up. Well, I am proud to say that I am now down almost 20 lbs from what I was at the beginning of the year!!! Feeling much better and liking the way that my body feels and looks! One of the things I have been doing is not baking so much but when I do to substitute some of the fat for apple sauce, bananas or pumpkin puree. So the other day when I had some oldish bananas I set to work…
Banana, Strawberry and Chocolate Chip Quick Bread
1/2 cup unsweetened apple sauce
1/2 cup turbinado sugar
1/2 cup sugar
1 cup banana, mashed (about 2 medium sized bananas)
1/4 cup milk
2 cups all purpose flour (next time I will try 1/2 of it whole wheat flour)
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup strawberries, hulled and diced
1/2 cup chocolate chips or chunks (I used semi-sweet but you can use what you like)
Directions: Preheat oven to 350F
- In a mixing bowl mix the apple sauce and sugar.
- Add the eggs one at a time and beat well after each one.
- Add the banana and the milk.
- In a separate bowl mix together the flour, baking soda and salt and add to the wet mixture until just blended.
- Using a spoon mix in the strawberries and chocolate chips
- Pour into a greased 9X5X3 inch loaf pan and bake in your preheated 350 degree over for about 1 hr and 10 minutes or until tester comes out clean.
- cool for 10 minutes in pan then remove to cool completely on a wire rack.
***Based on 16 slices from the loaf of quick bread this is 3 WW Points