By now we all know about the devastation of Haiti right? Can you imagine being here and not knowing if your loved ones are okay. I felt like that for a brief hour on Tues night. My sister was vacationing in Jamaica and at that point no one really new the extent of the 7.3 magnitude earthquake. I ended up calling all over the place and finally got to her room and got an email from her saying that everything there was normal and it was business as usual. What a relief…for me.
That doesn’t help the 3 million people that are in Haiti right now and that desperately need our help. If you can find it in your heart to donate even a little bit (yes, once again, every little bit helps) these are some of the legit organizations that are offering relief…
* Text YELE to 501501 to contribute $5 to Yele Haiti.
* Text HAITI to 90999 to contribute to the Red Cross.
* Call Red Cross 1-800-435-7669 to make your donation to the Red Cross.
* Paypal Donation through Hope for Haiti
* Donate to Doctors Without Borders.
* In Canada, donations can be made by text message to the Salvation Army’s Haiti Earthquake Disaster Relief relief fund. Donors can text the world “HAITI” to 45678 from any Rogers Wireless or Bell Mobility phone to contribute $5.00 to The Salvation Army.
I know how lean finances are for ALL of us right now... but even a small donation will help. If you can't donate money, donate some of your time and help spread the word to others on how they can help. Every little bit helps!