So it’s been a while. I can give you a million reasons why I haven’t posted since last month but I won’t. Hopefully this is the end of the dry spell.
I had 4 small bananas that were past the eating date according to everyone in my family. I knew I needed to make something with them but couldn’t decide on anything. I was going to make a banana cake with cream cheese frosting but getting out the mixer seemed like a lot of work while I was trying to do laundry and clean. Banana bread rarely gets finished here for some reason. Everyone starts gung ho on it and then I end up throwing out the last 3 slices. I was going to make banana snicker doodles but once again sounded like too much work.
Finally I came across a recipe for banana chocolate chip muffins from the Epicurious website. I love this site because of the honest reviews that people leave on the recipes. How can you go wrong when 275 people have left comments for you!!!
These muffins were delicious. Light and fluffy, full of bananas and chocolate chips. Definitely yummy my taste testers just confirmed!
Banana-Chocolate Chip Muffins (Epicurious.com)
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas (about 2 large)
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 cup milk
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line twelve 1/3-cup muffin cups with foil muffin liners.
- Mix flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in large bowl.
- Mix mashed bananas, egg, melted butter and milk in medium bowl.
- Stir banana mixture into dry ingredients just until blended (do not overmix).
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Divide batter among prepared muffin cups, filling each about 3/4 full.
- Bake muffins until tops are pale golden and tester inserted into center comes out with some melted chocolate attached but no crumbs, about 32 minutes.
- Transfer muffins to rack; cool.