Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Using up some leftover corn…

Last week was a crazy week for me. My Mom was here and that was so incredibly, super awesome! But sadly she is gone now and we were so busy that the week passed in a huge blur! Please Mom, figure out the dog and come and stay with me!!!

Anyway, we ate last week and we ate really well but I was always flying out the door to some event or thing that I never really got any pictures. This week all that is going to change. It’s only Tuesday and already I have made something that is blog worthy from dinner last night!!!

We had some corn on the cob leftover from my youngest daughter’s birthday dinner. I knew exactly what I wanted to do with it to. This is easily my favorite way to use up corn that doesn’t get eaten.

I eat this as a salad but it could also easily be used as a salsa. If I have any leftover I sometimes wrap it up in a corn tortilla for lunch the next day. This is fast, easy and delicious!!!

P1010805

Black Bean and Corn Salad (adapted from CDKitchen Black Bean and Corn Salsa)

Ingredients:

1 (15 oz.) can black beans ( rinsed and drained)
1 cup fresh corn kernels, removed from cob
1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
3 tablespoons lime juice
1/2 red onion, chopped
3 green onions, chopped
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped

Directions:

Mix all the above well. Refrigerate over night to let flavors blend.

As Always,

Happy Entertaining!!!

Judy
www.nofearentertaining.com

16 comments:

Valerie Harrison (bellini) said...

This is fast, delicious and stunning Judy.Isn't corn on the cob the best, throw in some heirloom tomatoes and I would be in heaven.

Jeff said...

There is nothing better than the leftover anything getting tossed into a quick simple salad (actually ice cream maybe bad for a salad but really who has leftover ice cream?).

Very nice and right now I am hording my corn to the freezer to enjoy later in the year.

Anonymous said...

This looks delicious! Thanks for sharing!

Thistlemoon said...

This looks fantastic Judy! I agree it looks so versatile! :)

Glad you had fun with your mom! YAY!

Bob said...

Glad you had a good time. :) The corn looks great!

Jen said...

I'm glad you had such a great visit with your mom! I love this sort of thing. I'm a wimp, though, so I make it with corn, tomatoes, beans and avocado, some lime, salt and cilantro. Yum!

lisaiscooking said...

This sounds great with fresh corn! All around, it's delicious mix.

Spryte said...

Yum! That looks delicious!

Inspired by eRecipeCards said...

First time commenter, long time follower of your blog.

This looks terrific. We are having a great year right now for sweet corn. Been serving it 3-4 times a week. I have bookmarked this page for use next time I have leftovers

Very pretty blog, thanks for all your efforts

Dave

Maria said...

Love this!

Maris said...

Glad you had a nice time with your mom! I only live an hour from mine and I can't imagine seeing her less frequently (and we always eat well too!)

Elle said...

I'm glad you had a great visit with your mom, and hope she gets back soon! This dish looks like something we'd love--it's packed with good flavors. Yum!

Alta said...

I love dishes like this...fast, delicious, and healthy! I could sit there and just eat spoonfuls of this. Yum!

kellypea said...

This is one of my favorite flavor combos. Always satisfying ;) Can't go wrong with the magical fruit!

Dharm said...

Corn is great and leftoever con in a salad is just super! This looks great

Sunny said...

I made a tostada with my leftover black beans and corn, but I will have o try this next time. I'll put this link up on my blog as another idea. Thanks!