Monday, November 10, 2008

Arugula Pesto and Wild Mushroom Pizza

Arugula Pesto and Wild Mushroom Pizza just waiting it's turn in the oven!

So for our pot luck this month I made cornbread to go with the chili that Kathy was making. I will be making the chili this week so check back for that recipe. It was incredibly delicious chili and better than any I have made!

I also wanted to take an appetizer so I was going to take the spinach dip that I had taken to the Halloween party. All was good the night before and I had everything ready to go the next day. Then T. decided to tell me that he thought the spinach dip wasn't very good and I should make some of that really good pizza dough from last week and make an Augula Pesto and Wild Mushroom Pizza...Yep, I'll get right on that!

The pizza dough he was talking about was the Daring Baker Pizza Dough Challenge from last month. It's a freakin' 2 day pizza dough. I had just enough time that night to get the dough done and let it rest overnight in the fridge. Unbelievable! Why would he not tell me he didn't like something until the very last minute!!!! Anyway the pizza turned out incredible and everyone really liked it and it was gone in no time at all. I guess I'll have to wait until the next time I go to make before I find out if T. really likes it or not!

Arugula Pesto

Ingredients:

2 cups of fresh arugula
1/2 cup of freshly grated Parmesan
1/3 cup of extra virgin olive oil
1/2 cup of toasted pine nuts (i just lightly toasted them in a dry pan)
6 garlic cloves (you can use less but I love garlic)
2 pinches of sea salt

Directions:

Add arugula, Parmesan, toasted pine nuts, garlic, sea salt to the bowl of your food processor. Chop until well chopped and mixed. Add the Olive Oil slowly to the mixture.

Arugula Pesto spread onto the pizza sheet (at home I would have done smaller, round pizzas but for this many people a sheet pan worked better!)

For the pizza just follow the directions for the Daring Baker Challenge. Rehydrate some dried wild mushrooms, use your arugula pesto for the sauce, add mozzarella and some Parmesan and there you have an incredible pizza that everyone will like!

Hot out of the oven!


As Always...

Happy Entertaining!!!

Judy
www.nofearentertaining.com

11 comments:

Peter M said...

Judy, I'd be happy with just that sea of pesto and a speckle of pine nuts and cheese but the No Fear Za does me fine too!

I think T really meant although the Spinach was good, this pizza was superior! ;)

Anonymous said...

Oh mah goooodneeesssss! This looks awesome, Judy! And omg how can you not like spinach dip? I feel faint. ;)

Thistlemoon said...

Can you make this when we come to visit? :)

This looks like heaven on earth! I love how woodsy and earthy all the ingredients are!

Emily said...

Oh come on! I bet this tasted amazing! What a combination of flavors.

Aggie said...

This could be close to a perfect pizza in my book. Looks delish!

Brittany said...

I have you and Jenn to thank for a portion of my dinner this weekend...brussel sprouts! I had been so afraid to attempt them, but you two gave me some confidence, and they were AMAZING!

Thanks!

Judy@nofearentertaining said...

Oh Peter just stop sticking up for him!!! What he did was wrong, wrong, wrong! LOL!

Hey Nikki-I know, right?

Hey Jenn - I have the majority of it frozen and of course I will!

Hey Em-It was delish!!!

Hey Aggie-it really is a perfect combo!!!

Melissa said...

Any pizza that doesn't have tomato sauce on it I am ALL OVER. I'm happy to say too that the pesto I made last night looks very much like yours. I've never had anyone's to compare mine too, I just kind of go for it.

Good stuff, Judy!

Proud Italian Cook said...

Look at the color of your pesto! I would slather that all over everything! Your pizza right from the oven looks mighty fine!!

glamah16 said...

Ah the famous pizza. It looks wonerful. I bet it was a hit.

Unknown said...

Yummm loved it! I decided to put it ver pasta and this is how it turned out:
Pesto