Anyway, my Mother-in-law sent me an email last week asking me to try out something that she was sent. I have to say I was skeptical at first. Like come on who would make and omelet in a Ziploc bag??? We gave this a test run the day that we left to go to the Keys...
just making sure you remembered...anyway they worked. And really, really well. We all had our omelets ready at the same time and exactly the way we each wanted them. T. even had jalapeños in his! This is great for a weekday morning or a rushed weekend one as well!
Breakfast Ziploc Omelets
Good for when you're alone or when all or when all of your family is together. The best feature is that no one has to wait for their special omelet. Have the guests write their name on a quart size Ziploc freezer bag with a permanent marker. (These are not my pictures. They came with the email. I am sorry to have "borrowed" someone else's pics but that morning was very rushed and I took no pictures!)
- Crack 2 eggs into the quart size bag (not more than 2) and shake well.
- Put out a variety of ingredients such as: cheeses, ham, onions, green peppers, tomatoes, salsa etc. Pretty much anything that you would put in a regular omelet.
- Everybody adds the prepared ingredients of choice to their bag and shakes the bag to mix them well.
- Make sure to get the air out of the bag and zip it up.
- Place the bags into rolling boiling water for EXACTLY 13 MINUTES. You can cook 6 - 8 omelets in a large pot. If you have more omelets, make another pot of boiling water.
- Cut the bags and the omelet will roll out easily (yep - it really does!!!)
- You can even get these ready the night before andjust plop the bags in boiling water while you get ready!
As Always...Happy Entertaining!!!